Facets is a modern cloud management platform that helps you manage your infrastructure and services more efficiently. If you're planning to migrate to Facets, there are a few key steps you can take to ensure a smooth transition.
- Start with your blueprint: The blueprint is the foundation of your Facets environment. It's important to get this right from the start so that your environment accurately reflects your desired state. We recommend using our onboarding Excel to help you quickly and easily fill in the details of your blueprint. This can help you fast-track your migration to Facets.
- Network Peering: To ensure that your existing environments services or databases are reachable from your Facets environment, you'll need to do network peering. This is an important step to ensure incremental migration or POCs.
- Decide what to migrate: You have complete control over the percentage of your infrastructure that you want to migrate to Facets. You can choose to migrate just a few services or your entire infrastructure. It's up to you!
- Mark resources as provided: Facets allows you to mark a resource as provisioned by Facets or as provided. If you're migrating an existing resource, you can specify its current endpoints, usernames, and passwords per environment. This makes it easier to manage and monitor your environment, even as it evolves over time.
- Try it out: The best way to get a feel for Facets is to try it out for yourself. Create a blueprint, launch an environment, and explore the different pages and tools available. With a little bit of time and effort, you'll quickly see how Facets can help you manage your infrastructure and services more effectively.
By following these recommendations, you can ensure a smooth and successful migration to Facets. We're here to help you every step of the way, so don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance.
Updated 10 months ago