Release Notes v0.21
about 2 months ago by Anurag Jayaraman
Release v0.21 brings Date filter for Charts and Graphs, GKE version upgrade and Prometheus updates, Account Details page for Organization Accounts, along with many more enhancements and bug fixes.
- Date filter for Charts and Graphs
Users can now use a custom date filter to filter the Charts and Graphs in the Control Plane. This enhancement is available for use in the Live Release page for application type of resources to check CPU, Memory, Pods and Restarts statistics.
- GKE version upgrade and Prometheus updates
GKE 1.23 version is now globally available to all users using Google Cloud environments.
As part of this improvement, Prometheus was also upgraded, enhancing monitoring capabilities and to provide a better understanding of the performance and health of all clusters.
- Account Details page for Organization Accounts
Users can now view details like defined blueprints for GIT accounts and environments for Cloud Provider accounts in the Account Details page.
- Organization Accounts associated with a blueprint are now visible under the Account column in Blueprint List page. The Account Details page include GIT credentials and list of all associated blueprints.
- Organization Accounts associated with an environment are now visible under the Environment Information widget in Environment Overview page. The Account Details page includes Cloud Provider credentials and list of all associated environments.
- Error Logs in Release Failure notification
Release Failure notifications will now carry additional information on the reason for failure by attaching the associated Error Logs in the notification. This is applicable for Notification Type
Deployment Status Update. Read more about Using Webhooks for Notifications here.
- Revamped Template Inputs screens
The Template Inputs page has been revamped to improve usability and user experience. A search functionality has also been added to every defined field in the Template Input.
The Create Template Input screen has also been modified to appear as a page instead of a pop-up window.
- New status
STARTEDadded to list of Release Statuses
Users can now monitor their release progress now with an additional status, namely,
STARTED. This status signifies that a release action has been initiated but the release pods are not yet created. With the addition of this status,
IN PROGRESSnow signifies that a release pod has been created.
- Review Changes pop-up when users navigate away from a page
Users will now see a confirmation pop-up to review any unsaved changes made in a page when they try to navigate to another page. Currently, this confirmation has been added to the following pages:
- Environment Settings under Environment Overview
- General Settings under Settings
- Resource configuration under Resources
- Additional RBAC rules added for modifying Environment Settings
Users now need to have specific access/roles to be able to modify Environment Settings in the Control Plane. These rules can be set by an Admin in the User Management section.
- Delivery Pipeline enhancements for better zooming capabilities
The UI will now zoom into the node where any changes have been made in the delivery pipeline. The Delivery Pipeline screen will also zoom to fit all the nodes on screen when user accesses the screen.
- Default Artifactories when creating new Blueprints
facets-config-autoartifactories will be selected by default when a user creates a new blueprint. The user can add and remove other artifactories as needed, but these two default artifactories cannot be removed from a blueprint.
- Added support for RDS
Users can now onboard MYSQL RDS resources in AWS environments.
- Added support for enabling and disabling basic-auth
Users can now choose to enable/disable basic auth per-rule when using nignx-ingress resource.
- Kubernetes events and pods now visible to more roles
Users with the roles of
K8s_readercan now view K8s events and pods.
- AWS SQS intent available for use
Users can now configure AWS SQS resources using the SQS intent available on Github.
- API to access deployment information for a given environment
A new API call has been created called Deployment Overview for users to query all deployment related information for any given environment.
- Improved Reset Password workflow
The workflow to reset user password has been improved and made faster.
- Delete Artifacts from Artifact CI Details screen
Users can now delete artifacts from from the Artifact CI Details screen.
🐞 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where Ingress links were not displayed properly in the Control Plane.
- Fixed a bug where the Template Input was not populated when a new Template is defined.
- Fixed a bug where users were able to see the Destroy button for an environment that is already in a destroyed state.
- Fixed a bug where IAM Role Creation link was not visible when creating Environments on AWS.
- Fixed a bug where users were not able to unselect a Promotion Workflow from the Create/Edit Artifact CI screen.
- Fixed a bug where User-Defined Variables were not visible in Resource Details screen.
- Fixed a bug where text in release logs was overflowing past the pop-up window.
- Fixed a bug where time taken for a Release was shown incorrectly in Release Details page.
- New Release types for Kubernetes Scale Up and Scale Down operations
Availability rules API, and Release V2 API calls have been enhanced to support K8s cluster scale up and scale down operations. This feature will soon be available in a future release.