Release v0.43 brings updates like Queued Releases, Pause Release Schedule, Guardrails Policy Enhancements, Enhanced visibility into VM-related metrics, and many more enhancements and bug fixes.
- Queued Releases
Introducing the Queued Release feature for an improved release process. Now, when you manually trigger a release amid an ongoing one, the system adds the new release to the queue. This feature allows you to initiate releases without the need to wait for the current one to complete, facilitating a more dynamic and efficient release management experience.
Note: Scheduled releases will not be queued during an ongoing release.
- Pause Release Schedule
The option to pause a release schedule is now accessible on both the Releases page and the Environment Overview page. This enhancement offers you a dedicated solution for temporarily suspending release schedules, facilitating better control and flexibility in managing deployment timelines.
Guardrails Policy Enhancements
- You can now enable or disable Guardrail policies. When disabled, the policy will not be considered for validation, providing more control over policy management.
- You can now duplicate existing Guardrails policies, simplifying the creation of similar policies with minimal effort. This feature is particularly valuable when deploying multiple policies with comparable configurations, ensuring consistency across various security measures within the organization.
- Enhanced visibility into VM-related metrics
Facets introduces Prometheus integration for VM metrics, allowing you to monitor and analyze system-level metrics. This integration allows you to have a more in-depth view of the VM's performance and resource usage, including CPU, memory, network IO, disk IO, and more.
- AWS Neptune Module
Introducing the AWS Neptune Module, a valuable addition to Facets that enhances compatibility and functionality with AWS Neptune for optimized interactions with Neptune databases.
- PVC Helm Module
A new PVC Helm module is now available. This module facilitates the creation of Persistent Volume Claims (PVCs) through JSON inputs, allowing seamless integration across various resources.
- VPA recommender for services
Introducing the VPA Recommender, a powerful addition that delivers precise resource recommendations by analyzing observed CPU and memory usage.
- This update ensures more efficient resource allocation, improving overall application performance and reducing costs. We have also made the VPA Recommender more responsive to changes in pod usage patterns, allowing for more dynamic and efficient scaling using Prometheus metrics.
- Multi Status Check Configuration
This enhancement allows you to include multiple checks within the same JSON file for a streamlined Status Check configuration process.
- VM Service Deployment in Release Details page
VM services are now included in the release details page, visible under the "Application Deployed" widget. This enhancement ensures comprehensive visibility into VM deployments.
- VM Deployment Status Notification Support
You can now configure application deployment notifications for VM implementation in our latest release. This allows you to receive timely notifications about the deployment status of applications on virtual machines.
- Multi-AZ Support for EKS
Facets now supports multiple Availability Zones (AZs) in managed and self-managed EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service). This update ensures increased availability and scalability for your EKS clusters.
Note: Multi-AZ support can only be used with AZs that are already mentioned while creating the environment.
- Resolved Notification Support
You can now easily configure Subscriptions to receive alert notifications upon issue resolution.
- New Authorization Header Field Added to Webhook
An authorization header field has been introduced for added security when creating channel Webhooks.
- Persistent Filters
Filters applied to a list will now persist when the link is shared with other users and even when returning to the page using the browser back button, ensuring streamlined user experience.
- Default Option for Availability Rules
The default option when creating Availability Rules will now be set to Scale Up/Scale Down.
- Improved GCP Account Validation Error Messages
Improving diagnostic clarity, the error message will explicitly indicate the issue if the Cloud Resource Manager API is disabled.
- UI and UX Enhancements
Implemented various UI and UX enhancements to improve user experience, delivering a more intuitive interface across the application.
- Introduced pagination functionality to enhance the user experience on the Secrets and Variables page.
- Links within tables can now be opened in a new tab, providing you with other navigation options.
- The "Raise Ticket" icon has been moved for improved user experience.
- Fixed a bug where releases were getting stuck because pods failed to initiate.
- Fixed a bug where Creating a GCP account failed during the account creation in the Environment Creation page.
- Fixed a bug where Applying a Planned Release was not working for Full Releases.
- Fixed a bug where changes made to a resource group were not reflected for users who had access to the group.