Release v0.46 brings updates like Inheriting Resources from a different Environment, new CLI commands, AKS Upgrades, Additional Single Sign-On services, and many more enhancements and bug fixes.
Inherit Resources from a different Environment
This feature introduces a new paradigm in environment management by allowing a Dependent Environment to inherit attributes from a designated Base Environment.
- A Dependent Environment is created to inherit infrastructure, tools, and any deployed resource from a designated Base environment.
- To create a Dependent Environment, select Use Existing Infrastructure during environment creation and specify the Base Environment and Namespace to inherit the settings.
Introducing new CLI commands
Two new CLI commands have been introduced to allow users to register already pushed images from external repositories into Facets using Environment Name or Release Stream. To know more about this, refer to the Facets CLI documentation.
AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) has been upgraded to version 1.27. The upgrade is seamless and requires no user intervention, ensuring a smooth transition to the latest version. During the upgrade process, there will be no downtime or service interruptions.
- Alloy DB Flavor for Postgres
Facets introduces a new deployment flavor, Alloy DB for PostgreSQL which offers improved performance, scalability, and availability.
- AWS Event Bridge Module
Introducing the AWS Event Bridge Module to Facets, expanding our cloud integration capabilities. With this, you can integrate and manage AWS Event Bridge resources within Facets.
- GCP Custom Roles Module
Users can create custom roles within a GCP project directly from Facets, streamlining role management and enhancing project customization.
- Enhanced Scripting Options for Custom Modules
In addition to Terraform scripts, users can now create Python scripts for preprocessing Resource JSON. This is exclusively available for custom modules.
- Additional Single Sign-On (SSO) Services
Introducing Generic Single Sign-On (SSO) in Facets. With OpenID Connect-based SSO integration, users can now connect with a diverse range of SSO providers, streamlining the authentication process. For detailed instructions, refer to our documentation on Generic SSO integration.
- Bulk Enable/Disable Resources
The ability to enable or disable multiple resources in bulk is available now at both Blueprint and Environment levels.
Automatic Terraform Logs Update
Terraform logs now automatically update for any "In Progress" release, eliminating the need for manual refresh.
User Interface Enhancements
Implemented various UI enhancements to enhance user experience and provide a more intuitive interface across the application.
- The AI Assistant, previously under the Environment menu, has been relocated to its dedicated space named AI Assistant > Alerts Assistant.
In the Environment Overview, the account information button is replaced with an info icon next to the Account label in Environment Information.
- Fixed a bug where saving overrides did not enable the Release Now button.
- Fixed a bug where the Download K8s Credentials and Renew Credentials buttons were not disabled when the environment was in a 'stopped' state.
- Fixed minor issues related to URL redirection of the last active page.