The primary use case for selectively enabling or disabling an application in an environment is to either add or remove that particular application in the next release. This is achieved by overriding the Container Configuration for an application from its Configuration Screen.
An application should be defined in the blueprint specification in the environment where you want to override its current configuration.
- Login to Facets Control Plane.
- Select the Blueprint which has your Environment.
- Navigate to Applications page from the sidebar and click on the Application in question.
- Click on the Override button in the Configuration tab.
- Choose whether you want to disable this application from being included in the next release by ticking the Disabled checkbox, and clicking on the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a popup window asking you to Review Changes. Click on Submit Changes to override the configuration.
- You will see a Toaster popup confirming the change and a notification that this change will be applied in the next release.
Enabling an Application
You can follow the same steps for enabling a disabled application by deselecting the tick box in Step 5 and submitting the change.
The change of state of an application as toggled by a user will only be enforced on the next release of the environment.
Updated 2 months ago