Facets provides the capability to override the configuration for any resources in an environment from the Control Plane.
- The environment you are using should have at least one defined resource in it to be able to override it.
For a given blueprint and environment, you can find all the defined resources under the Resources tab in the sidebar.
- Login to Facets Control Plane.
- Select the Environment in your defined Blueprint.
- Navigate to the Resources tab from the sidebar and select the resource that you want to override.
- You will now be able to view the Configuration screen where you can find currently defined values for that resource.
All defined resources except for type
applicationwill directly open the Configuration screen for that resource.
Resources that are of type
applicationwill direct the user to the Live Release tab. The Configuration tab can be accessed next to the Live Release tab.
See Override resources of type
applicationfor more information.
- Click on the Override button, this will open a new page.
- You can set new values or update any of the predefined values in this page. You can also view the original configuration as defined in the blueprint.
- Click the Submit button to submit your override.
- You will now be able to view the Review Changes screen.
- Click Save Changes button and you will see a popup toaster confirming the change with a message that this change will be applied in the next release.
The override screen for resources that are of type
applicationhas two modes:
- Form Mode
- JSON Mode
You can override defined parameters for Container Configuration and User-defined Variables in Form Mode.
You can also toggle to JSON Mode to get an override page matching all the other resources where you can input values from your keyboard.
The overriden configuration as changed by a user will only be enforced on the next release of the environment.
Updated 2 months ago