Once you have logged into your control plane, you will be presented with a screen as shown below:
The only action available at this time is to create a Blueprint. On clicking on this button the following screen will open:
- Provide a Unique Name: Start by giving your Blueprint a unique name.
- Select Creation Type: Choose whether you want to create a new Blueprint or import an existing one.
- Choose Blueprint Template: You can opt to launch an empty Blueprint or select from a variety of sample Blueprint templates.
Please note that the Blueprint Template field will only be displayed when you opt to create a new Blueprint.
- Link Your Version Control System (VCS) Account: In this step, ensure you have an empty repository in your preferred VCS platform (e.g., GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab). Enter the Repository URL and follow the on-screen instructions or refer to the provided guide for linking your Bitbucket, GitHub, or GitLab account with Facets.
- Configure Optional Fields: Customize your Blueprint by specifying the master Branch Name (e.g., "main" in GitHub or "master" in Bitbucket), defining the Relative Path for Blueprint initialization (if applicable), and choosing your Primary Cloud provider.
- Submit Your Blueprint: Once you've completed the necessary steps, click the Create button to initiate the creation of your Blueprint. For a better understanding of Blueprint concepts and functionality, we recommend reviewing the Blueprint Concepts documentation.
Congratulations! You've successfully created your first Blueprint in Facets.
Updated 4 months ago