Create your first Blueprint
Once you have logged into your control plane, you will be presented with a screen as shown below:
The only action available at this time is to create a blueprint. On clicking on this button the following screen will open:
- Choose to launch an empty Blueprint or select a sample Blueprint template: On the blueprint creation page, you have the option to either launch an empty blueprint or select from one of many sample blueprint templates.
- Give your Blueprint a unique name: After selecting your blueprint template, give your blueprint a unique name.
- Link your VCS account: In the next step, you will need an empty repository in your preferred version control system (VCS) such as Github, Bitbucket, or GitLab. Enter the URL of this repository, and then link your VCS account with Facets by following the steps in the UI or by referring to the guides for linking your Bitbucket, Github, or GitLab.
- Advanced Options (Optional): There are a few advanced options available, which are not necessary. These options include the name of the master branch (e.g., main in Github or master in Bitbucket), and the relative path where your blueprint will be initialized in case the repository is used for other things.
- Submit Your Blueprint: Once you have completed these steps, click on the submit button to create your first blueprint. Before proceeding, it is recommended to read the Blueprint Concepts page for a better understanding of how blueprints work in Facets.
And that's it! You have successfully created your first blueprint in Facets
Updated 29 days ago