After creating your Blueprint, you can now launch the first manifestation of it, which is the Environment.
- Navigate to Blueprint > Overview, and you will see a prompt to create your first Environment.
- Select the Cloud Provider: The next step is to select the cloud provider. This will trigger a form for further configuration.
- Basic Details: In the first step, Name your environment, select its Time Zone and select its Release Stream. This information will be relevant when wiring builds.
- Under Advanced Options, you can choose the Environment Type.
- If you choose Ephemeral environments, you're opting for short-lived environments ideal for running tests.
Note: Please note that availability rules can be set only for ephemeral environments.
- Cloud-Specific Details: In the second step, you need to specify the CIDR Range for the VPC, making sure not to conflict with existing clusters if you have a use case for peering. Additionally, you need to select the Region, Availability Zones, and node family.
- Cloud Permissions: In the third step, you need to link the cloud account with the Facets control plane or select a pre-configured cloud account.
- Under Advanced Options, mention the VPC ID and Request Limit Ratio.
- Click Create.
A logical environment would be created by clicking the Create button. However, please note that the environment will not be launched immediately and will appear as 'stopped' on the environment page.
Updated about 1 month ago